Re: Counter proposal [Re: Publishing of SPF Records]

2004-04-15 08:23:29
wayne wrote:

What I had been thinking of is publishing an A RR with the name
"SPF-use-http" or something and require the A record to have the
address 127.1.2.3 (or some other unlikely value).

The problem with your suggestion is that it would require three
additional DNS lookups each time no SPF record is found.

Yeah, I was worried about that too, I just wanted to get
it out quickly. I like your idea of using an A record
with the spec encoded in the address.

That said, I still think it would be far more productive to try and
get DNS providers to support TXT records.

This is of course preferred, but until there is wide adoption
some of the DNS providers will fight it, just because.

--
Daniel Taylor          VP Operations            Vocal Laboratories, Inc.
dtaylor(_at_)vocalabs(_dot_)com   http://www.vocalabs.com/