Counter proposal [Re: Publishing of SPF Records]

2004-04-15 08:05:29
For domains that cannot publish TXT records:
Publish one of the following as a CNAME record for the domain:
spfdefault-weak
spfdefault-soft
spfdefault-strict

These would indicate the desire but inability to publish
a proper SPF record.

spfdefault-weak would indicate "v=spf1 a mx ?all"
spfdefault-soft would indicate "v=spf1 a mx ~all"
spfdefault-strict would indicate "v=spf1 a mx -all"

I exclude PTR records from this as I assume that if you
can't publish TXT you are unlikely to have authoritative PTR
capability as well.

--
Daniel Taylor          VP Operations            Vocal Laboratories, Inc.
dtaylor(_at_)vocalabs(_dot_)com   http://www.vocalabs.com/