list of who's checking SPF

2004-04-16 09:51:39
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:28:19PM -0500, Dustin D. Trammell wrote:

| Possibly even a nice spf.infinitepenguins.net chart to track the numbers
| like the SPF adoption roll for publishers...  I'm just about as
| interested in who is checking SPF than who is publishing, if not more at
| this point...  Wechsler?  Thoughts on a sister-chart for the Adoption
| Roll?

checking will naturally go more slowly than publishing, and it's the
sort of thing that people might be less willing to announce.

Most antispam vendors are already checking SPF or have plans to do so in
their next product release.

Many early-adopter folks running opensource MTAs have turned SPF on.

But the big ISPs will move a little more slowly; they are waiting for
herd approval of a timeline line

  http://spf.pobox.com/slides/apcauce2004/6000.html

which I am going to try to evangelize from now on.

Also, it's harder to tell if a receiver is checking SPF because you may
not always get a "deny" --- they may choose to accept the message anyway
and just factor it into an algorithm.

So maybe a list of "who's checking SPF" should wait a few months for
when we've crossed the chasm.