Re: list of who's checking SPF

2004-04-16 12:43:16
On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 14:25, Wechsler wrote:
Dustin D. Trammell wrote:

I completely agree with you here, but I was just suggesting a list
similar to the adoption roll, which is populated with domains of people
who /want/ to add themselves to the list, not a list that's generated by
a test against a mail server (where you may not get a 'deny').

The adoption roll still checks all submissions made to it by performing
a DNS lookup.

Right, but it's only checking domains that someone submits, not actively
querying domains to detect new ones itself, right?  Some verification
might make sense when you already know that someone claims the domain
checks SPF by submitting it to the list, even if you don't get an
SMTP-time 550 like Meng correctly suggests may happen.

Further to my previous post stating that I might now have some time to
work on SPF webtools at infinitepenguins.net, I've just been diagnosed
as having post-viral fatigue which could last anything from a few days
to a few months, so all such work is now postponed indefinitely; I also
won't be able to start any work on listing SPF-checkers.

I'm sorry to hear that and hope you get well soon.

--
Dustin D. Trammell
Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist