Re: Logo aka branding aka identity issue

2004-05-24 14:27:03
On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 12:59:09PM -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

Can we do a new one?  If so - are there any artists out there, or any
ideas for what the log should look like, or "do" or say etc?  We gotta
loose the spyglass - that's one thing for sure.

How about an authority figure -- like the logo at airports for immigration
or customs?

Or, we can emphasize that we'll prevent fraud: How about a big red screweye
on top of the silhouette of a shady character in an overcoat? "SPF fights
fraud" or something like that.

Shouldn't the logo emphasis on positive behaviour in stead of negative?

Be careful with the big thumbs up, that doesn't mean the same around
the world but it is the first that came in my mind.  Perhaps something
similar that has a global (positive) meaning.

Or maybe have two envelopes, one with a red cross, one with a green v.

By the way, I looked at the logo again and just realized that the
spyglass probably is showing the sender address.  This didn't occur to
me first, as we write the sender address on the back of the envelope...

cheers,
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If