Re: AOL rejecting hosts with no rDNS?

2004-06-25 06:15:08

kiwi(_at_)oav(_dot_)net wrote:

This my policy on my mailservers for more than 2 years.

It does not reject (egg 550), but just send a tempfail return (450) when DNS send a temp fail (for exemple main DNS server of PTR is not reachable), also, my servers checks that the hostname given on the PTR exist also on zone file with same A.

Eg :

1.2.3.4 has PTR mail.foo.com, then mailserver will check that mail.foo.com as 1.2.3.4 as IP.

This kind of rule elimate 80% of spam. Other servers are just half configured systems, so colateral damages are not too mutch big.

/Xavier

Except for webhosting companies who have 1000's of domains on a single IP address. Right?