RE: AOL rejecting hosts with no rDNS?

2004-06-25 06:22:43
A major problem for reverse DNS is the fact, that you can't *just*
create the records and expect them to work.  ARIN designates who has DNS
authority for reverse DNS, and that has to be further, delegated back to
the end user customer.  Forward DNS of course is under control of the
domain name owner.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Carl
Hutzler
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:31 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] AOL rejecting hosts with no rDNS?

No...just that a PTR record exists.

We also require a valid domain for the FROM and Sender address. We
require valid email addresses in the FROM and return-path We require a
non-null sender address unless it is a mailer-daemon/bounce We require
HELO strings

and many other things.

Lots of other antispam filtering packages require these as well. So this

is not anything new.

-Carl

gull(_at_)gull(_dot_)us wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:50:39 -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote