Re: Are SPF fault tolerant ? How to make SPF records changed correctly ?

2004-07-15 01:10:31
[Seth Goodman]
This implies that you _don't_ have an ISP in Singapore.  If that is the
case, then any ISP in Singapore that accepts your outgoing message when
you are not a customer _is_ operating an open relay.  If you _do_ have a
Singapore ISP, why don't you just declare their MTA in your SPF record?
I don't see what the problem is.

My Singapore hotel provide me internet connectivity for duration of my stay.
I do not see any reasons to update SPF for  mycompany.com (think about
microsoft.com ;-)
domain and include data about entire mail-routing arhitecture used by my
hotel, hotel ISP and ISP of hotel ISP.
That the problem is unknown to most people, does not mean that it does not
exist

Personally, I dislike DK because in order to reject during the SMTP
session, the recipient MTA has to do public key crypto after receiving
the entire message, which is doubly expensive.

This can be possibly changed in some-way.

--
Andriy G. Tereshchenko
TAG Software