Re: Are SPF fault tolerant ? How to make SPF records changed correctly ?

2004-07-14 02:56:58
On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 03:23:45AM +0300, Andrew G. Tereschenko wrote:
Completely agree.
But IT/CS must simplify your life, not complicate it.

I prefer to update my MTA software once and forget about it for years.
I dislike idea to not visit Hawaii because of requirements to keep SPF
filters updated ;-)

Again: get someone to watch your setup if you're on holiday. What if there is a
severe security bug in your mta the first day you arrive in hawaii?? The MTA
will be vulnerable for two weeks.. Would your reply be 'stop using MTAs, they
require maintenance!'..??

DomainKeys with user/village tokens will make it possible to identify email
origin.
But SPF requires development of additional technologies.

At the cost of extra hardware to run the decryption software??

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html