Re: Is SPF serving the best interests of the end-user?

2004-07-21 17:17:01
Hi Len,

On Jul 21, 2004, at 5:04 PM, Len Conrad wrote:

A receiving mail server ordinarily performs a TCP handshake with the sending mail server.

duh, SMTP is TCP

The IP address of the sender can be used as a credential to accept, reject, and discard email.

IP based security is weak, sucks. SMTP, etc. protocol security is better for secure mail relay mail submission.

I see that you feel X is better than Y, but I don't know what value you've assigned to the variables, nor the basis for it.

I think I can determine what your intentions were, though.

Did you mean X is not adequate on its own, but perhaps X+Y is sufficient?

I can proceed onto the other ambiguities if you clarify this one for me.

Thanks,

        Nevin