Re: Is SPF serving the best interests of the end-user?

2004-07-21 17:20:55

On Jul 21, 2004, at 5:10 PM, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

Nevin Williams wrote:

I suppose that this would be one of those "that's life" things. I also suppose that the way I suggested does not exclude any other remedies. A store owner keeps an open door, and has all sorts of people walk in off the street. Not all of them desirable. Burden of business?

Exactly. But other methods that would protect those necessary casual contacts to the good-enough level already exist, and won't needlessly complicate interactions the way mandatory secret handshakes would. If you mandated secret handshakes, I'd just determine I never had any need to talk to you. I hope you won't be asking me for venture capital.

Yes, I don't think I was suggesting anything new, other than perhaps a new focus on where more gains might be met.

If you determine that you don't need to talk to anybody, would anybody miss you? How would you know? C'mon, communication goes both ways. You might actually want to give me VC. If you did, I'd make sure it was very easy for you to get ahold of me. I'd relax my stringent controls, _just for you_! :)

        Nevin