Re: SPF will solve spam and punish spammers

2004-07-23 14:32:38
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:06:13 -0400, John Keown wrote
I am not saying we should pick on the little guy or charity but I am
saying many of the small mailservers and administrators are not
doing their users a favor when they can easily contract for a mail
server from a qualified company and yet have full control to add and
delete users, add forwards, alias and etc. You would not let an
unqualified person drive your car so why would you let an
unqualified person run a mail server.

Some of the low-cost hosting companies I've seen have worse configuration
problems than the typical hobbyist-run server.  Personally, I used them for a
while, but got tired of them going out of business and taking my data with them.