Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 09:25:15
AccuSpam <support(_at_)accuspam(_dot_)com> writes:

[ ... ]

left hand menu of your site is just short of being unreadable
in Mozilla 1.8a3

That is indicative of Mozilla problems.  At < 1% marketshare, that buggy
browser is not mainstream, nor worth effort to code for.

Looks perfect in IE.

If you take that same attitude about the user community's issues with
AccuSpam, you and that product will lose even more credibility.

It wouldn't take you very long to fix your site so it looks good on
other browsers.  If you take the time to do that instead of just
dismissing the people who report the problem, you will gain a lot more
respect here.

Also ... since AccuSpam makes use of challenge-response technology, I
would be interested in your providing a comparison between your product
and some challenge-response-based systems such as TMDA (http://tmda.net)
... and there are others whose names escape me at the moment.

Just know that over the past several years, there has been a lot of
discussion in various newsgroups and mailing lists about the merits and
drawbacks of challenge-response-based systems.  I suggest that you do
some searches for these forums and read the archives in order to
familiarize yourself with all of these issues before you go too far with
your own proposal.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz(_at_)asfast(_dot_)com