Re: Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys

2004-08-20 11:35:29
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:55:41 -0400, Tim Kennedy wrote
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, aSe wrote:

I hate to flame but.. At < 1% market share, your company/anti-spam
system is not mainstream, nor worth the effort to use.

Not to mention that a fair amount of the technical people his
message is trying to reach, are probably *not* using IE6 on windows.
 So while Mozilla may be <1-4% marketshare in general, I'd suspect that
non-IE/windows browsers are probably a much higher marketshare within
the userbase on this list.

Where I work, Mozilla is under 1% of our web traffic.

Do I check my pages in Mozilla anyway?  You bet I do.  One of the people in
that less than 1% might just be a customer that wants to give us a big contract.

Actually, I find that if I validate my HTML using the W3C's page validator, so
that I'm actually using standards-compliant HTML, it usually renders properly
in all browsers without any tweaking.  It seems worth the effort, especially
since there are always browsers out there that I don't know about or can't
test with.  (We even get occasional hits from WebTV systems.)