Re: Patent license

2004-08-24 07:51:46
I would agree with Wayne - I lurk on that list but I wouldn't dare make a
contribution, as it's all been said by the big guys anyway.

It occurs to me that the patent Microsoft are talking about is only "applied
for".  And given the fact that it is an absolutely obvious technology
according to folks on the  ietf-mxcomp list - can some strong representation
be made to the people in the patent ofice who judge these things?  I am
clue-less as to how patent application decisions are made in USA - but I
believe it would be thrown out in UK or Europe, and possibly many other
countries as well.

I've published them as text files for ease.  ( I hate pdf )

http://www.idimo.com/sender-ID/MS_Sender-ID_FAQ's.txt
http://www.idimo.com/sender-ID/MS_Sender-ID_Licence.txt

Slainte,

JohnP.