RE: Re: MARID to close

2004-09-22 11:36:47
The problem is the directorates. My experience with them is all bad.

I think it is time to ditch the IETF and go to a different org. There
are plenty to choose from.

It does not seem particularly worthwhile to have any further discussion
of the details of the scheme beyond the final state we got to in the
IETF group. We are not going to get universal agreement on a single
method of interpreting the data but the last thing we ned is a standards
war.

Before MARID my preference was to work on the specs in OASIS which is
a much more professional outfit than the IETF and actually has a track
record of succeeding with short timescale proposals. We don't need a
big imprimatur here, just some group that has an ISO accreditation of
some form.

                Phill

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Filion [mailto:gfk(_at_)logidac(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 1:41 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: MARID to close

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:31:26AM -0700, Ted Hardie wrote:
| Rather than spin in place, the working group chairs and
Area Advisor
| believe that the
| best way forward is experimentation with multiple proposals and a
| subsequent review of deployment experience.  The working
group chairs
| and Area Advisor intend to ask that the editors of
existing working
| group drafts put forward their documents as non-working group
| submissions for Experimental RFC status.

"Meng Weng Wong" <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:
I think this clears the way for Unified SPF...

It's exactly what I thought when I read the message. I think
that they took
the best decision, SPF2/scope was just Sender-ID trying to
look like Unified
SPF.

Where is the last version of the Unified SPF drafts? I found a version
dating from August 6th on http://spf.pobox.com/unified/id/
but they seem to
contain some outdated stuff (namely XML, I don't think that
anyone wants
that anymore.)

MARID is Dead, Long Live Unified SPF!

GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr
Logidac Tech., Beaumont, Québec, Canada - http://logidac.com/

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,