Re: [comment] Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF representative

2004-10-27 05:16:43
Hello Koen,

KM> This is an insult.

KM>  Apparently, the amount of time I and others are
KM> spending on spf as volunteers is not noted at all.

Please re-read my post I fear that you have misunderstood.  In the
first paragraph "Anyone who has visited the SPF lists will appreciate,
be thankful and very aware of the massive amount of hard work put in by
some contributors here."

Then about a lack of direction in spf-discuss  "Contrast this to the
fantastic direction and sterling work being done in spf-help to get
deployment exploding."

As a lurker I was presented with a vote that for once demanded an answer
where if I vote No or Abstain I am voting for a fork.  So I vote Yes
because I see no viable new leader emerging soon with sufficient patronage
from an employer such as Pobox so that they can give the time required.

LOL. Now you say that actually because I voted Yes this means you are now
calling for a fork..  and it is my fault!   Get real, this fork is
already under strength.  I don't have time for these games, nor do my
clients, or I guess you.  We need SPF now and your skills to clear the
last couple of outstanding issues.

When you read my original post again you will see that some of us want
to help - but don't have time to cut through the bickering.

Please make it possible for us in the wings to get involved and donate
our own skills or contacts.

--

 Shane