Re: Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF representative

2004-10-27 04:34:45

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Goodman" <sethg(_at_)GoodmanAssociates(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 12:25 PM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF
representative

From: Seth Goodman
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:11 AM

Folks,

I think it's time we put an end to this thread.  I had no intention for it
to get out of hand and for multiple people who have worked very hard to
feel
insulted.  I sincerely apologize to anyone who feels their work has been
deprecated or unappreciated as a result of this discussion.

You didn't make the comments yourself - so you are not to blame at all.

My original intention was to convince Meng that it would be a good idea to
pick a small group of "ambassadors" and let them hear what his plans were.
That group could then reassure the rest of us that there was a reasonable
plan in place and the interests of the open source community was being
looked after properly.  This is still a reasonable scenario and not overly
burdensome.

I have mentioned this myself, but it appears that Meng does not trust even
the most stalwart of the spf community, so why on earth should they trust
him?  We have a situation of mutual mistrust, and that is a difficult
position to work forward from, especially when the mistrust involves the
supposed "leader".  Meng needs to talk to his chosen lieutenants and
convices them of the route being taken.  Continuing in this dictatorial
fashion is just not going to work, and a fork will be inevitable.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492