Re: Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF representative

2004-10-26 13:39:03
In <MHEGIFHMACFNNIMMBACAGEIMINAA(_dot_)sethg(_at_)GoodmanAssociates(_dot_)com>
"Seth Goodman" <sethg(_at_)GoodmanAssociates(_dot_)com> writes:

From: Meng Weng Wong
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 2:14 PM

<...>

I'm not going to fight them on this one,
though others are welcome to, if they can get the bylaws
drafted and the new organization set up in time :)

Are you actually mocking this whole group?

Yeah, I think Meng is.

Now that there are people being paid to develop Sender ID, Meng really
doesn't have much need to pay attention to volunteers and F/OSS
developers.  Meng has used us for his purposes and has moved on.

Don't feel too bad.  Meng has pretty much done the same thing to MS.
I mean, Meng has come right out and said that he doesn't support the
PRA and thinks it is a terrible idea, but that doesn't stop him from
authoring an I-D to push it forward if it means that MS will be
fooled.  Meng can abandon MS when their purpose is over also.

1) Are you willing to allow Meng continue to negotiate on behalf of the SPF
community as things currently stand?

Answer:  Yes/No

I'm not sure how this poll is much different than the poll the earlier
one started by William.

Anyway, when Meng is pushing for the patent encumbered PRA to become a
standard, he is not speaking for me.  I have complete confidence that
he doesn't care if this causes problems for F/OSS people.  Apparently,
there are a lot of others here who similarly don't care.

-wayne