RE: Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF representative

2004-10-27 03:25:18
From: Seth Goodman
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:11 AM

Folks,

I think it's time we put an end to this thread.  I had no intention for it
to get out of hand and for multiple people who have worked very hard to feel
insulted.  I sincerely apologize to anyone who feels their work has been
deprecated or unappreciated as a result of this discussion.

My original intention was to convince Meng that it would be a good idea to
pick a small group of "ambassadors" and let them hear what his plans were.
That group could then reassure the rest of us that there was a reasonable
plan in place and the interests of the open source community was being
looked after properly.  This is still a reasonable scenario and not overly
burdensome.

I will refrain from commenting further on this issue.  Many of us gave
William feedback on his questions and I think that is a good thing to
continue.

--

Seth Goodman