Re: Vote of confidence/no-confidence in Meng as SPF representative

2004-10-27 19:26:32
On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 15:02 -0500, rgreene(_at_)tclme(_dot_)org wrote:
James Couzens said:
On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 12:56 -0500, rgreene(_at_)tclme(_dot_)org wrote:

Yes    As long as Meng is agreeable to continuing the duty.

I have seen nothing to indicate that he is working without honor.

There is a very famous saying.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Cheers,

James

And 'Trust, but verify'.  Aside from WAG and conjecture, there has been no
conclusive evidence presented showing that Meng wants anything but a
solution to an existing problem.

One could argue that working with Microsoft is a solution to an existing
problem.  For me, what I just said is more or less the base for a great
joke, however anyone can want and wish as much as they please, that
doesn't mean the way they are going about it is right.

I believe in calling a spade a spade.  Because Meng is under the
influence of MS (I would hope that it works both ways), its very hard
for him to remain acting as an authority figure over SPF period.  I
think he has made his bed with SenderID and in order to get the most of
the situation he should step down as an authority figure over SPF and
remove the possibility for further conflict of interest to arise.

Would you not agree that by removing himself from the situation would
remove all questions as to where his loyalties lie?  As an external
element to SPF no one would be able to accuse him of anything more than
remaining present given the absence of authority over what we know as
"SPF" or "SPF Classic".

I think its "The right thing to do" (tm).

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,