Re: Slides & stepping back

2004-11-07 10:51:17
Koen Martens wrote:

http://spf.sonologic.nl/ffii-pre1.pdf

Nice, that's the first case of a PDF with more than 3 colours
working on my OS/2 box with AcroReader 3.

IMHO there were also technical discussions about Sender-ID in
MARID, with the results "broken and incompatible with SPF".

That's why spf2.0/mfrom was introduced, because PRA doesn't
work with SPF MAIL FROM policies.  One of the last actions
in MARID.

And IMHO "Sender ID" was no "merger of Caller-ID and SPF", it
was only an _attempted_ merger, and a technical failure.  You
have the history of SPF twice, the second page with "more than
a full year wasted".

It wasn't a complete waste of time, because not all problems
of Sender-ID were immediately obvious.  And the SPF draft is
now better than mengwong-spf-01 (modulo Wayne's objections).

The joke about "the market will decide" is nice... ;-)  On your
very last page you could mention <http://spf-help.net> as the
new SPF homepage.

I'm quite fed up with the core group of spf. Wayne and Markl
refusing to work together on a draft/rfc/whatever

Yes, that's excessively annoying.  It's difficult to discuss a
draft when the editor vanished.  "We" (tinw) need a new editor.

James Couzens taking over every initiative

Offered to take over, like Wayne offered his private SPF text
for implementors only.  Didn't work - except from driving away
hardcore SPF fans like Mark and you... ;-(

There is no motivation left. Good job, James!

Meng, James, and Waye pulling in three directions is bad, but
what else can they do if they want progress, and the "shepherd"
vanished ?

I am so fed up with this, it makes me depressed.

Please come back when "we" have an active editor again, or when
the shepherd comes back from whereever he was in the past four
weeks.
                        Bye, Frank