Slides & stepping back

2004-11-07 08:11:07
Hi All,

Two points:

- Tuesday I am speaking at a conference organised by the Foundation for
  a Free Information Infrastructure on software patents. I will be
  talking about 20 minutes about the SPF/SenderID story, and will
  take part in the subsequent panel discussion. I have put the slides
  online already, comments welcome. Url:
        http://spf.sonologic.nl/ffii-pre1.pdf

- As of yet, i'm stepping back. I will stop writing software for spf,
  will stop the plans we had with the authorative site. I will continue
  to do the end-user support on spf-help and the rt for a couple of
  weeks, if things haven't improved by then i'll quit with that too and
  take down my spf records.

Here is why:

I'm quite fed up with the core group of spf. Wayne and Markl refusing to
work together on a draft/rfc/whatever, and more importantly: James
Couzens taking over every initiative and James C & Shevek continuously
fighting with each other making any real initiative impossible a priori.
Add to that the doubts about the ms-connection, and i have really had
enough. For the past two weeks I have been trying, and I have failed.
There is no motivation left. Good job, James!

Well guys, good luck with your little in-fighting club. It is with pain
in my heart that I do this, but you have left me no other option. I
don't want to go down personally because of your continuous attempts at
derailment. I am so fed up with this, it makes me depressed.

So long & thanks for all the fish,

Koen Martens

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.