Re: Slides & stepping back

2004-11-07 14:09:14
In <20041107151107(_dot_)GB22108(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx> Koen Martens
<spf(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx> writes:

- Tuesday I am speaking at a conference organised by the Foundation for
  a Free Information Infrastructure on software patents. I will be
  talking about 20 minutes about the SPF/SenderID story, and will
  take part in the subsequent panel discussion. I have put the slides
  online already, comments welcome. Url:
      http://spf.sonologic.nl/ffii-pre1.pdf

Nice slides.

One correction:

On your last slide, you say there are 1,000,000 published SPF
records.  This is my best estimate of how many there are for all
domains put together.

You also say there are 26 published SenderID records.  This is
probably a mangling of the 76 records that I found when I did a survey
of a small subset of all domains.  In that same survey, I found 19760
SPF records.  If you assume that the ratio stays the same when you
scale up the number of SenderID records to the 1,000,000 esitmated SPF
records, you come up with (1000000 * 76 / 19760) = 3846 SenderID records.

-wayne