Re: Re: Slides & stepping back

2004-11-07 13:50:10

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 8:52 PM
Subject: [spf-discuss] Re: Slides & stepping back

Koen Martens wrote:

That's OpenOffice for you :)

Good stuff apparently, I'd wish that the likes of ICANN use it.
[ ICANN's PDFs don't work with my viewer, and Adobe doesn't
  support OS/2 anymore.  An OS with builtin Adobe fonts, JFTR ]

OpenOffice rox :-)

mention <http://spf-help.net> as the new SPF homepage.
I am a bit reluctant to do so. spf-help contains a lot of
links to tools, but not much actual explanation.

It has links to all relevant sites.  Several to Spf.Pobox.Com

I'll any links, content, tools, etc that anyone wishes to contribute.  I'll
get around to making a second version which will be editable by folks who
ask for the password.  Just pushed for time these days.    :-(

We also need a new wizard.

Minus the HTML-width problem the old wizard is fine, although
it doesn't implement Wayne's SPF (zone cut etc.).  But for
normal users and Mark's SPF it's nice.

That's on the to-do list - reponses need to be more friendly, and it would
be nice to include everyones ideas on this.

SPF needs this single authorative site, really. I am still
convinced of this.

I'm not, that's why I said "NO" in William's poll:  I simply
link to what I like best, that's spf-help and spftools and
draft-lentczner.  And if Wayne offers a link collection with
stuff somewhat hidden on these pages (test suite, his wizard,
SRS and SPF texts, whatever) I'd probably add it to my links.
But it makes more sense to do this on <http://spf-help.net>

I understand your stance Frank, spf-help.net is an attempt to have links to
everything spf-related on one website, so becoming the "first call" for
people wanting spf-stuff.

"We" (tinw) need a new editor.
How and where are we going to get one??

If Mark stays in hiding (or whatever the problem is, maybe he's
seriously ill / on vacation / on a long business trip / ...),
and the IETF accepts new -00 drafts, somebody has to merge the
last draft with Wayne's ideas and submit it.  Maybe not all of
Wayne's ideas, a "zone cut" in the draft not working with the
"reference implementation SPF wizard" would be very confusing.

It'll come - someone will appear and do it - I have a lot of faith in
everyone's overall good intentions towards spf, in spite of the internal
barracking.

the point is that james does not offer to take over, but just
does. Without consulting the rest of us.

"Just do it" is sometimes the only way to get an effect.  But
whatever James or Wayne do, they can't edit the links on my
pages.  And I can't add the modifier op= in Wayne's SPF text.

[ Actually he shouldn't adopt op=pra, it was only marking the
  line for Meng.  And the op= stuff is not exactly necessary
  in a core document, like accredit= it's an independent idea ]

Perhaps I should just quit whining and ignore james
altogether and just make the site.

Sure.  "Let the market decide" works everywhere, a network of
SPF sites is good.  GoogleBot sorts it out, but please stick
to one spf-help.net (or tell me what you prefer, otherwise my
"votes" are lost... ;-)

At the moment all the domains serve the same website, but with Google, etc
getting busy on it now, I'll mod_rewrite the urls so it won't matter, and
the search engines will not penalise me for having too many domains on one
website.

For the sake of clarity, maybe we should go for spfhelp.org ?  I'm open to
suggestions on this - it makes no difference to me.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492