Re: Condorcet Voting for Council Elections and Council Votes

2004-12-13 04:40:54
I am deeply dissappointed with the council for getting into "navel-gazing"
issues like this.  The simple voting system of "one man, one vote - most
votes wins" is the way to do all voting the the council will have to deal
with.  If the result is a tie, you have a tie-breaker vote.

I read with growing anxiety about "What names should we use?", "How should
we vote?" , etc, etc.  I thought we had elected a council to exist for a
short time only, and to do specific jobs - not to ponder irrelevancies and
build beaurocracies.

I sincerely hope that the new council will rapidly move on to solving the
problems which I thought were what they were meant to be doing, viz:-
- getting spfv=1 published in a final form that people can refer to.
- getting the new RR application made.
- solving mail-list, forwarding and greeting card issues without resort to
other technologies - though I daresay it'll be too late for this Christmas
:-(

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com