Re: DM News says: MSN requires Sender ID Authentication

2005-06-24 16:58:35
Hector Santos wrote:

Please justify your thinking. I speak with authority as an
SMTP author.  Our software has to work as standard with
other standard systems world wide

Then please name the standards proposing an attribution line,
and the clause where they allow more than one of these lines.

And if the admittedly weird signature delimiter "-- " <CRLF>
with its trailing space was changed in the last decade by a
"standard" not only Henning would be interested to learn which
"standard" that might be,

Even if you were correct and you are not

AFAIK it's common pratice to create some missing header fields
from the envelope if necessary, but with your "authority" you
can certainly show Henning something better than my hearsay to
prove your point:

Where exactly does any standard propose to create missing 2822
header fields from the envelope for received SMTP data ?  I'm
sure where to find the opposite effect (envelope from header
fields) in Internet Standards, but I'm no "authority", maybe I
missed what your're talking about.
                                   Bye, Frank