[spf-discuss] Re: Another test case for the test suite...

2007-01-10 08:40:02
Julian Mehnle wrote:

|                        |               SPF type                 |
|                        +-------------+-----------+--------------+
|                        | no SPF recs | time-out  | RCODE != 0/3 |
|    -----+--------------+-------------+-----------+--------------+
|         | no SPF recs  |    None     |   None    |     None     |
|         +--------------+-------------+-----------+--------------+
|    TXT  | time-out     |  TempError  | TempError |  TempError   |
|    type +--------------+-------------+-----------+--------------+
|         | RCODE != 0/3 |  TempError  | TempError |  TempError   |
|    -----+--------------+-------------+-----------+--------------+

Okay, but that doesn't cover the case "good reply (some records), but
no record starts with 'v=spf1 '".  Adding that to your table I'd say:

                   |              SPF type                            |
                   +-----------+-----------+-----------+--------------+
                   | no v=spf1 | no record | time-out  | RCODE != 0/3 |
----+--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------------+
    | no v=spf1    |   None    |   None    |   None    |    None      |
    +--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------------+
    | no record    |   None    |   None    |   None    |    None      |
    +--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------------+
TXT | time-out     |   None    | TempError | TempError |  TempError   |
    +--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------------+
    | RCODE != 0/3 |   None    | TempError | TempError |  TempError   |
----+--------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+--------------+

Obviously we can simplify this joining "timeout" and other errors:

                 |              SPF type              |
                 | no v=spf1 | no record |  timeout   |
                 |           |           | or not 0/3 |
    | no v=spf1  |   None    |   None    |   None     |
    | no record  |   None    |   None    |   None     |
TXT |  timeout   |   None    | TempError | TempError  |
    | or not 0/3 |           |           |            |