RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Better approach to the forwarder problem

2007-01-12 15:37:28
Don Lee <mailto:spfdiscuss(_at_)caution(_dot_)icompute(_dot_)com> wrote on
Friday,
January 12, 2007 3:00 PM -0600:

Ironically, the reason I cling to this is because I want
control of what e-mail address(es) I expose.  aka. I don't want to
let the spammers get my *real* address, so I use several, for
different purposes.  Note the MAIL FROM on this post..... :-(

We don't see your original MAILFROM, only FROM.  Hopefully, the
MAILFROM you used was reachable.  In general, "security by obscurity"
may be temporarily satisfying but it's not a real solution.  Like
Stuart, I expose my real address and no more than a dozen or two spam
reach my MUA each day.  I used to post to public lists with munged
addresses, but it's no longer worth the trouble, plus list members
can't reach you directly.

--
Seth Goodman