Re: Mandatory From field, anonymity, and hacks

2004-08-13 08:45:33

On Aug 13, 2004, at 11:21 AM, Keith Moore wrote:

sometimes I think we need a separate label for documents -
"least harmful current practice".  but we don't have one yet.

We have the label, and it's "best current practice" -- you just have to resign yourself to the fact that sometimes the best you can do is to minimize the harm people do. Sort of like best current environmental practices for oil companies. From a perspective of spam control, for example, the truly *best* current practice would be to stop using email altogether. -- Nathaniel