RE: [Asrg] Content versus conversation

2003-03-17 22:51:39
Presume that all email traffic is encrypted and you can't read the
content ...

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of John
Johnson
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 23:57
To: Alan DeKok
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Content versus conversation

The problem with spam is not the content, but the conversation.

  No, I disagree. I perceive the content to be spam, much
  in thw way tools like SpamAssasin and Vipul's Razor judge
  the *content* in an automated fashion. Or, an ISP
  client. They could care less about the "envelope".
  They care that the content is objectionable.

  Based upon the track records of senders of objectionable
  material, I can decide to all out ban their connections
  to my mail server. After I get a message from a client
  complaining about content.

  It's just like junk snail mail - you don't always throw it
  away just because the envelope looks like the mail inside
  may be an unrequested commercial advertisement.

---
   John Johnson - System Administrator;  Sirius Systems Group
   jjohn(_at_)sirinet(_dot_)net    KJ5AA
   (580) 355-6436