Re: [Asrg] An amazing amount of spam

2003-03-19 09:34:17
asrg(_at_)bobf(_dot_)frankston(_dot_)com wrote:
I value my time far more than I value the Internet infrastructure. The
infrastructure can take care of itself and isn't really being burdened
since we expect to be able to have our own personal HDTV video streams
as casual traffic. Spam is zero percent of that.

Obviously, you completely missed what the "striker scenario" is.

I suggest you go and read http://striker.ottawa.on.ca

Similarly, our original corporate domain names are equally unuseable despite the fact that we have (multiple) DS3 connectivity.

No amount of dicking around with mail reader metaphors will make those domains useable again.

When spam outnumbers real email by 1000:1, all your "valued" time will be spent trying to differentiate the 1 from the 999.

Any "solution" we come up with either has to deal directly with the striker scenario, _or_, hit the tradeoffs of spamming to get the volumes down indirectly.

Because, make no mistake, striker is where we're all headed.