Re: [Asrg] An amazing amount of spam

2003-03-19 13:04:26
Alan DeKok wrote:
asrg(_at_)bobf(_dot_)frankston(_dot_)com wrote:

You can host your own filter on the far end of your slow line.

  Great!  What's your IP?  I'd like to point my MX at you. If your
filters work, it should be easy for you to filter out the spam, and
forward the real email to me.

Alan's MX is a weapon of mass destruction.

It proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that tweaks to mail reader metaphors and user-end filtering (or even most ISP filtering) will not be able to keep up. Even AOL wouldn't survive the spam:good ratio that Alan see. There simply ain't enough pipes on the whole planet to do that.