Re: [Asrg] email pull (was RE: Authentication )

2003-03-27 09:33:19
On Thursday, Mar 27, 2003, at 15:45 Europe/London, Vernon Schryver wrote:

Who is we and what is our prblem, kemo sabe?

TINW.

The problem (ok, just one of the problems) is to stop spam without harming legitimate business needs to get their subscriber info out.

To make this relevant to the DCC, the DCC marks bulk mail. If you could get legit bulk mailers (newsletters) to switch to pull, then more of the bulk mail is spam, and this makes the DCC more of an effective tool to combat spam.

I don't think it's irrelevant here at all. We all acknowledge that we need a multiple of solutions (no single solution), and this might fulfill some needs here.

Matt.