Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-07 09:06:24
Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> wrote:
I use a local STMP server to send mail. I travel a lot and use a cell phone
on the road. The cell phone provider doesn't provide me with a stable SMTP
server, so I use a local one (called PostCastServer) to send my email
directly to the recipients'  SMTP servers. My Internet provider at home
doesn't provide any email servers either, so I am kind of stuck. In a
RMX/rDNS world, would I have to pay to subscribe to a RMX-enabled SMTP
server instead of using my current setup?

  No, the people who provide you connectivity will be held responsible
for authenticating you, before your traffic reaches the network.

  This is no different than what happens today.  The only bone of
contention is that this explicit condition of consent now applies to
the content of SMTP traffic, where the envelope appears to be
misleading.

  Alan DeKok.