Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Responsibility concerns with DesignatedSigningDomains

2006-08-28 04:29:07

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

I'd have to agree with Wietse's interpretation here. Anything you
infer about the rfc2822.from is something you're doing after (or
in parallel with, whatever) DKIM-base processing.

And I don't accept that this means there are batteries missing
or any other negative analogy.

And I further believe that the position as stated by Wietse
does represent the consensus of the WG, so I don't think we
should continue to argue the merits or otherwise of various
possibilities for DKIM-base signature semantics.

Excuse me?

Then are we going to change the DKIM-BASE document?

It is not a mistake to suggest there is no statement or implication of the
MUST has 2822.From mandate.  Section 5.4 clearly goes into what headers
should be considered for specific reasons.  There is a strong reason for
that.

Nevertheless, I don't dispute the common sense, already known, semantics as
Wietse puts it.  He said nothing new.  For that I could easily say +1 too.

But it doesn't solve the problem that is being addressed.