Re: [ietf-dkim] New issue: What is the purpose of SSP? {3.5}

2006-09-21 10:28:09

Michael Thomas wrote:
I think that the interesting meta issue here is that DKIM
verification does not require this; SSP requires this. I hope that
there isn't confusion about that because the two really are
severable.

I am glad you raised this. It encourages the basic question about the relationship between SSP and DKIM?

For example, are there reasonable SSP features that do not involve DKIM at all. (Answer, "I send no mail" is a prime example.)

Note that "I send no mail" has nothing to do with signing, in which case, the middle S of SSP is overly constraining.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking