Re: [ietf-dkim] New issue: What is the purpose of SSP? {3.5} {3.5}

2006-09-21 13:46:52

----- Original Message -----
From: <Bill(_dot_)Oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com>
To: <tdraegen(_at_)ironport(_dot_)com>; <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>

In sum, I think the SSP-req doc should say "SSP must be
published by DKIM signers, and the format is <this>".

Disagree, dkim base works now. There will be people that
will move very slowly into implementation and requiring SSP to
be implemented at the same time will slow adoption.

That movement is already at a crawl.

Nonetheless, a DKIM-BASE only system is inherently, by default, a SSP
"Neutral Policy" system and this relaxed default protocol provision is what
this new protocol inherently "dangerous" to pursue en masse.

I don't know about others, but it is what has my hairs standing on my back.