Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-01 16:27:02
Barry Leiba wrote:
This is the promised seed for 4871bis discussion.  Is the group ready
to move ahead with that?  Is the DKIM signing protocol ready to go to
Draft Standard?  Is there an update needed, with another cycle at
Proposed Standard?  Is there energy in the group to follow a 4871bis
effort through?

1) Another Proposed Standard Cycle: -1; nothing to be gained, much to lose.
2) Draft Standard: -.1: not sure what we have to gain other than an IETF process
    Gold Star that nobody outside of the IETF standards potato world understands

As far as I can tell, DKIM deployment is going along just fine without any
further help from the IETF. Why risk screwing up a good thing?

                Mike