Re: [ietf-dkim] Whither 4871bis?

2009-05-04 20:20:46
Tony Hansen wrote:
I'm certainly ready to move forward with 4871bis. Yes, the protocol is
ready to go to Draft Standard. No, we do not need another cycle at
Proposed Standard. I think there's enough energy in the group to get
4871bis through.

As to why bother, with 16 errata to pore through, I feel that it is much
better to have one place to look for the technical spec instead of 17
documents.

Maybe somebody can clarify whether you can roll errata from a PS and
go directly to draft. I gather from Eliot that you can't (?). Going
to draft is certainly a lot more palatable than another unproductive
romp through PS.

                Mike