Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal

2009-10-18 17:38:59
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 11:54:47 -0400 Barry Leiba
<barryleiba(_dot_)mailing(_dot_)lists(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Some have opined that it's even too early to consider taking the base
DKIM protocol to Draft Standard; let's make sure we have consensus on
that point, one way or the other.

I'm going to re-iterate my point for this perspective.  We do not yet have
a broad experience base with deployment of DKIM by large, heterogeneous
organizations.  This is a hard problem for them because they first have to
get their outbound mail architecture under control.

My view is that these types of deployments are the ones that will teach us
the most about the protocol and we are at least a year and maybe two or
three from getting significant experience/feedback to support progressing
DKIM along the standards track.

The methaphorical ink is barely dry from our last update (which was eith
much ado about nothing or a correction of a serious problem, I'm not quite
sure which).

Scott K