Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal

2009-10-19 13:55:18
Re: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-reporting

I'd be fine with doing that through this WG, although we have chosen
on several occasions not to take up that draft as a WG item.
Instead, it's now in the proposed charter for the ARF WG.

It's a DKIM thing. If it's going to be done, this group is the group
to do it.

Backdooring it through another group is, at best, not going to be as
effective I don't think.

It's not a question of a "back door".  This WG decided some time ago
that it was a good idea, but out of scope.  As far as I can tell, that
hasn't changed, so it's still out of scope.

In any case, once it's a Proposed Standard, no one will care what
working group sent it through.

Barry, as chair