Re: [ietf-dkim] 23 again (sorry John) was Output summary - proposing ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

2011-05-06 01:56:58
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Barry Leiba
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:55 PM
To: John R. Levine
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org; Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] 23 again (sorry John) was Output summary - proposing
ODID "Originating Domain Identity"

I agree, as a participant.  Nevertheless, we have consensus to leave
it in because of the stats Murray gave us on the usage (on the signing
side).

For what it's worth, our stats show that it is in use on 3.58% of signatures
received since August.  Pretty small, but far larger overall than "g=" which we
removed in bis.  I don't know if the IETF has a hard-fast minimum adoption/use
rate for cutting things so I don't know that I can draw a useful conclusion
here.