Re: [ietf-dkim] l= statistics was 23 again (sorry John) was Output

2011-05-06 10:19:08
On 5/6/11 4:35 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
http://www.opendkim.org/stats/report.html#l_tag

You can see the count that have "l=" smaller than the final message size as
well as the "l=0" ones, and how many of those passed or failed.

That's out of 155972 signatures that used "l=", and 4.36M total signatures
observed, in just over eight months of data.
Hmmn.  If my arithmetic is right, about 95% of l= signatures didn't cover
the whole body, and only a few of those were l=0.  Your users must
subscribe to different mailing lists than I do.

John, the opendkim project gathers information from various sources,
they're not necessarily the users of Murray and they're not necessarily
subscribed to mailing lists. The statistics also doesn't tell which
inbound mail is from legitimate sources and which inbound mail is from
spammers/bad guys. Maybe the 95% you mention, are the spammers who try
to abuse l= in DKIM...

/rolf