Re: [ietf-dkim] l= statistics was 23 again (sorry John) was Output

2011-05-06 10:48:28
-----Original Message-----
From: John R. Levine [mailto:johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 7:35 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] l= statistics was 23 again (sorry John) was Output

http://www.opendkim.org/stats/report.html#l_tag

You can see the count that have "l=" smaller than the final message
size as well as the "l=0" ones, and how many of those passed or failed.

That's out of 155972 signatures that used "l=", and 4.36M total
signatures observed, in just over eight months of data.

Hmmn.  If my arithmetic is right, about 95% of l= signatures didn't cover
the whole body, and only a few of those were l=0.  Your users must
subscribe to different mailing lists than I do.

Might not be list traffic.  But I have data for that too.  Count of signatures
with "l=" that did or didn't appear to pass through an MLM:

| count(*) | mailing_list |
|    77246 |            0 |
|    78853 |            1 |