RE: AW: Using XML in OCP transport

2003-05-07 10:25:25

On Wed, 7 May 2003, jfcm wrote:

I set-up my credibility filter to the support of DNS value added
services.  Obviously XML does not fit the job.

Why not? If XML is only used for BEEP channel management and OCP is
optimized to reuse existing session channles, then I do not see how
XML [performance] prevents OCP from adapting DNS. Can you clarify?

There may be different support however.  But was it expected is a
lean, simple, stuff, robust and secure. Most of the initial
aplications will be security. Where the flow will be authorised to
go across, or will be trown away. Then it will probably be URL
conversion (payment gateways could use that).

How does limited use of XML in OCP prevent the above adaptations?