Re: AW: Using XML in OCP transport

2003-05-09 09:15:32

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Markus Hofmann wrote:

just a note that there's nothing like an official voting process or
so. Please continue to express your opinion and preference using
technical arguments on this mailing list, and it will be noted
accordingly to find consensus.

Yes. I think I was careful to explicitly state that the voting is just
to help us to find consensus (e.g., stop spending time on discussing
candidates that receive no votes). The voting "winner" does not
automatically become the group decision. Voting is not a
consensus-based process and, thus, we cannot use its results without
also building consensus around them.

Also, since one gets 100 "shares" to vote with, it is easier to cast a
vote (no all-or-nothing situation) and the result gives us much more
than a single "winner".

Alex.