Re: Do we need SMTP compliance?

2005-03-10 08:35:48

As I understand the arguments pro and con:

Pro: Rejecting messages with errors in the SMTP commands will eliminate most spam. Con: Spammers can correct these errors, and will do so as soon as the need arises.

I've probably missed something, but please restate the arguments (briefly), so we can start with the right understanding.

The Pro argument isn't true.  The Con argument is.

There's no need to have a discussion with people who don't know what the hell they are talking about, and who are so convinced of their own superior knowledge that they cannot learn anything. Spam is not the only kind of mail that should be discarded without reading it.