Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-email-arch-06.txt]

2007-03-09 11:43:30
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:51:36 GMT, Tony Finch said:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

What about SpamAssassin filters, and Sendmail Milters that do filtering?

They are not doing the same job as Sieve.

Exactly.  My point is that there's a lot more filtering than just SIEVE being
done, and at a lot of different points along the path the e-mail traverses.
As such, any attempt to equate "filtering" with "SIEVE" is doomed at the start.