Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-email-arch-06.txt]

2007-03-10 13:56:03

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

This document is supposed to be documenting and explaining the formal
architecture we have, not creating new formalisms on the fly.

I thought it's supposed to be a minimal abstraction of the architecture
as it exists in common practice, not only the architecture as it's
reflected in RFCs.  Some RFCs reflecting the pre-spam email world like
2821 are putting it mildly harmful in an environment with 90% of all
mail traffic considered as "unsolicited" (putting it again mildly).

Who needs a description of the old and known to be broken architecture ?

Frank